Post production company with two offices in Brussels and Mol connected with high speed fibre channel network is looking for experienced systems administrator and data management tzar to help organize and manage small heterogeneous network of high performance graphics and video workstations for the team of creative specialists working of high profile film and digital cinema projects.
Skills and experience required:
- at least 5 years proven experience in similar position preferably for film/television industry
- Understanding networking Linux (CentOS), Mac OS X (10.6) and Windows (XP)
- Fibre Channel, 10GE and 1GE networks maintenance and optimisation
- Bash, Ruby/Python scripting
- PostgresQL administration
- ADIC SAN administration
- ftp, web, rsync, wiki services management
- understanding version control systems
- LTO backups
- Basic understanding of digital video/imaging file formats and data management patterns
- System programming in C/C++/Objective-C for Linux and OS X is a big advantage
- Experience with Mac and PC hardware maintenance, upgrade and support
Suitable candidate will be working on site between two offices on improving current systems infrastructure and managing day by computing needs.
Typical duties will be:
- systems software and hardware support and maintenance
- organising and performing data management and backup
- developing in-house data automation
This position is permanent. All the training for industry specific practices and tools will be provided.
This is a good opportunity for a curious individual to work in the exciting world of movie production with cutting edge equipment and technologies.
send CV and application to:
CTO Robin Reumers
phone: +32 (0) 14 31 43 43